I feel like 2015 was the year I began to really improve as a teacher. It’s sort of like when I hit 25-years-old and I realized I finally felt sort of grown up*: 5 years of teaching was the point where I was really starting to think for myself and take my own initiative to improve my practice.
I look at 2016 as the year I will continue to grow. I have five main goals for the new year starting out, though I’m sure I will try out other ideas as well as I continue to learn.
Without further ado in 2016 I will…
- Try out the flipped teaching model and see how to fit it into my classroom.
- Continue to incorporate technology and consider the SAMR model in doing so.
- Increase the amount of student led inquiry labs.
- Continue to expand my use of Twitter to connect with other teachers.
- Think Like A Pirate or in other words really consider what I am doing daily to help my students be engaged in the material.
*don’t worry, I’ve devolved in the years since.